At 9:00 P.M. on January 28th, 1946, our credit union was chartered as Manhattan CO-OP Credit Union and held its first monthly meeting of the Board of Directors. In an effort of helping even more Manhattan citizens, the credit union was moved to the university.
The credit union changed its name to College Credit Union, in 1953 as a better reflection of the majority of its membership. Then in 1961 University President, James McCain, requested the credit union to change its name again to emulate the place the credit union called home and we became Kansas State University Federal Credit Union.
We have been evolving and growing since 1946. Our office is no longer on campus; we have two locations; we are a full service financial institution; we have more members; and we definitely have more staff! With all of those changes, our philosophy has remained constant, “People Helping People.” We truly feel that’s why we are here and we have never been more committed to serving our members and giving back to our community than we are today.
For nearly 70 years, we have existed and followed the model of “Not for profit, not for charity but for service.” We still believe in and operate so that we can provide innovative, substantive and low cost financial solutions to our members. We know that what we do is only banking, but when done right, with passion, care, and love, it’s so much more.